Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-08, 22:06   Link #6518
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Ken did intend for the manga to be dark as its been said many times before
Not so much 'dark' as 'shonen, fighting oriented'. Good guys rarely stay dead in fighting shonen. Dragon Ball being the main offender.

Quote:
and whats going on at the moment with people falling left and right it would suck for a death but for me it would be worse without one since there has been so much build up for one.
Why? If anything, there was buildup for a resolution and a victory until the clones showed up. And now things SEEM to be turning back that way. We will see, but if anything, going GRIM 'N GRITTY seems to betray the series' spirit.

Quote:
The "I can protect theme" is nice for now but its already failed majorly.
Ken has aimed for a reconstruction rather than deconstruction of the old shonen cliches so far. Meaning he'll subvert them from time to time, but destroy them doesn't fit his game plan until now. And one of the core shonen themes is 'Succeeding at the face of adversity and winning despite all the chips seeming down'. Specifically, it's the very spirit of Negima. Ruining all that with a cruel death just to make the characters to suffer would be a spit on what fandom has come to love of the series... just to turn it into what? An Emo Naruto clone? I'll pass if that ever happens.

Quote:
hes come back to save them now and he obviously has something up his sleeve but failures don't just stop because of one comeback. Soemthing bad is going to happen to one of them for sure.
The thing that should happen is more than ONE comeback, though, since Asuna still needs her foreshadowed moment to shine, and even Nodoka might be of some use yet if she wakes up in time. Since, you know, that was supposed to be more team centric than many other manga where the lead is the only character with any actual usefulness.

And dude, honestly, "something bad" already HAS happened to far too many. Enough already, at least for now. Good writers don't abuse the Drama Bomb to the point it loses effect and just jades readers.

Quote:
Actually, with the ones we have handed to us right now, I think 3-A will be just fine, unless the Lifemaker himself is brought back from the dead. If thats the case, than yes, someone dying would be much more feasible.
The Lifemaker would need to be the absolute last enemy, with all the cards we've been dealt for now, so I don't think he'll be reviving until we see the return to Mahora and exactly what Negi's plan is. Otherwise, major anticlimax.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote