View Single Post
Old 2011-07-26, 15:38   Link #11
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
The cold open was trolltastic indeed, one of the speculation last episode was that Kurisu was the one dead instead since she wasn't seen...and it raises our hopes by showing her, yet immediately after we heard the ol' dead watch again. At that point all I can think about is nononono-BAM. Nice transition though, with just a sound it tells everything we already knew and need to know without replaying scenes again.

About the Feyris/Rumiho episodes, I'm of two minds about it. I love that it really gives characterization to Feyris, and I'd be lying if her whole dilemma didn't touch my heart strings in any way. And yet...I feel like it's a bit forced, that it can all be avoided somehow. First off, the whole bitter card game enemy sets up an ambush thing. I expect this from Yu-Gi-Oh, but here's it seems a bit much. I mean, sure it's the Grand Championship and all, but it's still just a card game. Getting angry I can see, but running around the city just to get her? The phone implies that there's a deeper reason than that, probably a pervert behind it all, but it all just seem too sudden without any foreshadowing, all to make Okarin the savior of Feyris.

But more than that, I'm confused as to why won't Feyris at least try to let Okarin exhaust some other possibilities as well. All they needs to was to not let her Dad get into the plane, maybe try another way to avoid his death? Like maybe emailing the airport crew to check the plane to avoid accidents, or at least email him to let her open a maid cafe? You know, try to keep it as close to the original timeline with the sole exception of his Dad still being alive.

Well, in any case, thanks to Kurisu's thinking (seriously, I love that girl) we know have some sort of idea as to how to proceed. Next is to find the IBN, I wonder how they're going to do that? Obviously they can't contact Moeka to know her D-Mail, so next is Ruka? Does that mean the previously untrapped Ruka is going to be re-trapped now?