View Single Post
Old 2007-05-31, 17:47   Link #93
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@Ahn: aye.. I'm more sorry for SevenSeas stumbling so bad. (sorry if that sounded snippy ... it was meant to be a lame play on words)

However, recently I've seen more than a few anime and manga where it was pretty clear the acquisition people and the marketing people HAD NOT viewed or read the material past the first few chapters.
Tsukuyomi Moon Phase -- the anime previews were completely offbase about the series. I keep wondering if Tokyopop will go "o shit" when they get to the more recent volumes of the manga.

Negima (first season) -- it was pretty clear from the previews (again) that they had not viewed the series. In the case of the manga, there was a hubhub, they shrinkwrapped the first few... and now no shrinkwrap though the situations in the manga are often far more explicit.

---
SevenSeas was doomed the instant they queried the vendors --- who go to their lawyers and insurance people .... who respond "lolita again??? you've got to be joking, run away". Given Jason's "moral justification" I'm having trouble believing he actually *read* all 3 volumes but just flipped the pages and read sections that looked scary.

Meh, just means that I'll keep reading KnJ the hard way like I do L*S or Yotsubato .... it's good practice.

@Question: eeeeeyeah. That's pretty much describes the incident. Some of the staff over at ANN are long time anti-moe (and anything related) types. Few or perhaps none of them have ever cracked the books open. Anyone who disputes their tactics they label as pedophiles. The posting trolls and bookburners pretty swirled up into flames ... "think of the children!!!!" after that. Basic Hysteria....

What has been really hilarious is the backpedaling at ANN over them being one of the prime instigators of the wildfire.... an all too familiar tactic :/

((side note: interestingly, B&N just took my order for the first volume without blinking. I'm just curious to see how it all filters...))

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-05-31 at 18:56.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote