View Single Post
Old 2015-10-02, 18:58   Link #93
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Episode 1

All throughout the episode I kept thinking that it had that very "Light Novel feel" of always trying hard to be different and sure enough I look it up afterwards and it's another Light Novel adaptation. XP

It wasn't a bad episode mind you but I'm hesitant to say it was good. The episode spent a considerable amount of time world building and it was definitely interesting but somehow managed to miss a rather important piece: what side the protagonists are on, who they're fighting against and why. And focus on the world building meant there wasn't much time to establish the characters seriously. Instead they left it up to some very stale comedy in a vain attempt to give them some charm but if anything it had the opposite effect: the belt scene made me want to punch the MC in the face.

Verdict: Three episode rule.
Yeah, it's a LN lol.

It was slow on purpose.

Pretty sure all of your questions will be answered soon.

If you're doing the three episode rule, then you should probably be satisfied by the end of the third episode (given the perceived pacing based on the episode titles).

That aside.

That was a very solid first episode adaptation of one of Kamachi's works. That felt rather gratifying.

If I had one complaint it would have been that completely gratuitous shower scene. Lol, but I guess it wasn't that bad, since the staff probably had to compromise to put that in, in order to decide that it was okay to give so much exposition in the episode.

I feel like Quenser was correctly shown as a bit of doofus (or maybe rather as inexperienced) when it comes to handling life/death matters with that emergency parachute scene.

Either way, fanservice or lack therefore aside, the plot is there, and the pacing is good, and the adaptation seems strong in this one. So since I actually don't mind fanservice except for when I am watching something in front of others or for when I try to show other people something, this is probably going to be amazing (just like the novels).

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )