View Single Post
Old 2011-07-11, 14:29   Link #66
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
No, 'cause hell if he were being actually considerate, he wouldn't have confessed in the first place.
So it's your position that Ko should just bottle up his feelings for Ohana, no matter how strongly he feels them, and no matter how great a need he feels to give vent to them?

As for being "actually" considerate, how is Ohana being considerate by leaving Ko completely hanging for several months?

Quote:
The hell is up with building up a 'friendship' while harbouring private delusions only to suddenly spring them out in a confession she can't possibly respond to?
So it's your position that friendship can never turn into romance?

Why exactly can't Ohana respond to his romantic confession?

Quote:
But really, even after that, the genuine thing to do would have been to apologize,
Ko is the one who should apologize?!

If anybody should apologize, it's Ohana, for leaving the poor guy completely hanging for several months.

Quote:
tell her that she doesn't need to worry about his feelings and to take a break for a while, and then let her sort her shit out before trying again to get her answer. "I'm still waiting without actually saying anything"? That's real passive-aggressive shit if I've ever seen it.
It's not passive-aggressive at all. It's very patient, and very forthright.

Quote:

Well, and just for completeness' sake, lol, Tohru's not much better. Seriously, don't fall in love with a girl if you haven't got anything to offer her.
... Where do you get this idea that "falling in love with someone" is a completely optional thing?

It often isn't. People often can't help falling in love with someone.

"Can't help falling in love" was even the name of an Elvis Presley song.

I'm pretty sure the line "I can't help falling in love with you" (or something to that effect) has been in countless love songs too.

Quote:
Tohru's stupid crush, just like Yousuke's, is based on no actual consideration for the other party.
Again, where do you get this idea that crushes are things that people can help having, or not having? Generally speaking, they're not.

You can control how you act upon a crush (which Tohru has done, by the way), but you generally can't help simply having them.

As for Ko, why should he think that Ohana sees nothing at all in him? Clearly, Ohana values him quite a bit, and the two were close friends. I personally think that a good friendship is often a good basis for a romance later on. Obviously not every friendship will turn into a romance, but I see nothing at all wrong with that relationship evolution in some cases.

As for Yosuke, it's pretty telling, don't you think, how strongly Yuina reacted to the idea that Yosuke might go after Ohana instead? It's a bit of a dickish move for Yosuke to raise that idea to Yuina, but at the same time, I found it pretty inconsiderate of Yuina to give Yosuke a response that he didn't want to hear in the heat of the moment of a bunch of employees quitting on him (oh, and while she also publicly blamed him for them quitting, IIRC).

Hmmm... maybe Yosuke and Yuina deserve one another. Both actually do seem a bit passive-aggressive to me.