View Single Post
Old 2011-07-11, 15:37   Link #71
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Making Yuina a weak character...is weak. So she was just a spoiled and conceited brat this whole time, huh. There goes any interest I actually I had in her.
But that was kind of the point. She is indecisive and self centered; I think that serves as a sufficient foil to everyone else who is dedicated to the inn. I mean, why should she have to follow along when her fiance isn't good at it anyways?

My problem was that the show just made her look extremely bad and hammered into the audience's faces that INN GOOD, everyone who doesn't agree with that is just plain irresponsible and it really seems to me that by saying Yousuke loves girls like Ohana is really just the writer taking over and deciding the dilemma for you in order to justify the plot. The execution is hamfisted.

Quote:
:P In essence, if I haven't made it clear, I'm not a fan of the 'romance' in Hanasaku Iroha. All of these self-absorbed dorks are insufferable as all hell, actually.
It's hard to develop a proper romance (or even character relationship) when the male characters are hardly characters to begin with. They could stereotyped into their traits easily, into a few sentences each.

And with Ohana getting flanderized and exaggerated into some kind of busybody shounen superhero, I felt a terrible disconnect with her character this episode. I could accept her previous rash decisions by considering her personality. because it had relevance to people around here. Here, we're just repeating the cycle of Ohana finds something she feels passionate for, humiliates herself and everyone none for the better just to move the plot along and maybe generate a few useful laughs.

The Verdict? Ohana (and maybe her mom and grandmother) are the only characters worth a damn. This episode lacked 2 of these characters and had the lead underperform. I'll go far as to say that this show turns to crap any time the camera is not pointed into Ohana within the last 5 minutes. So lol at romance. I'd take the romance in Shakugan no Shana any day over this. And no that's not a compliment.

But oh well, at least it's pretty and kinda funny at times. IMO, the show should just focus on developing the bond between the 3 generations of the inn. The rest I can live without.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-07-11 at 16:05. Reason: Stupid spell check