View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 09:49   Link #1619
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I said you don't have to quote me lol ...anyway my short answer is no..I think your labeling of Ranka fans is completely false

The longer answer is that on the contrary, I find that Ranka and Alto are always helping each other. Alto saves Ranka in ep 1..Ranka indirectly saves Alto in ep 7...Ranka saves Alto in ep 12...and since than Ranka has been the trump card from ep 14?? to ep 21...Alto and other air forces have to depend on her help! And in ep 25, Alto saves Ranka and Ranka immediately helps back by singing and use "action" to encourage Sheryl to sing and help the Frontier XD

I actually enjoy relationship that is helping each other, and I find that element in RankaxAlto relationship...Ranka has been frequently helping Alto and MF in battlefield and yet Sheryl only helps Alto in battlefield in ep 24?? (I am not a Sheryl fan so sorry if I remember something wrong about her) and well I guess I can also count that incident where Sheryl pilots Micheal's plane in an insane manner XD

I don't know why you want to label Ranka fans only enjoy one-side relationship...because it's not!!! I can find that many interesting elements in RankaxAlto relationship and I am sure many other Ranka fans will find a lot more than what I got from AltoxRanka relationship...I originally didn't not want to reply but perhaps it's the time to debunk some myth/miscommunication from Sheryl's camp
Aside from the fact that "saving each other" is not a relationship, Ranka did only save Altos bacon with her powers in episode 18. Her being the "ace in the hole" did not come much into play, because she ran awaaaaay. <accidental rhyming is fun>

There is no scorecard for "saved her love interest more" to determine who is suited for each other. Relationships are built upon mutual feelings, and as I've said before, Ranka never made that mental leap from "must protect" to "love interest" to Alto.