View Single Post
Old 2011-02-10, 18:58   Link #47
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Just got in my copy this morning and I'm about an hour into it. So far, it is in fact quest-based, although I'm only starting the second quest now.
Same system than the last two, cool with that.

Quote:
I love how you can customize the heck out of your character; you can even make the eyes different colors and change the character's battle voice set. There's just one problem though; this means that your character won't be taking part in any of the anime sequences or skits. Plus, the fact that you can have your character be either a girl or boy as well, pretty much shoots down the possibility of a romance angle between Kanonno and the player character, a factor common for the Tales series and which I've always liked. The only possibility is if your player character's relationship to Kanonno varies by gender; friendship if the player character is a girl, and romance if a guy. But I'm not holding my breath for this.
Werenīt there hints on the first RM? I donīt remember much of the second one though.

Quote:
Anyway, the combat system is the basic rehash for Tales games (at least, it's the same combat system that was used in both Vesperia and Symphonia 2); a three-hit physical combo varying by D-Pad input with the O button, and an Arte attack you can tack on at the end with the X button and varied by D-Pad input. Your characters also use TP, same as Vesperia and Symphonia 2. Not that this is a bad thing; for some reason, while I found this combat system slow in Symphonia 2 and the Vesperia demo (which, as I pointed out earlier, is part of why I couldn't motivate myself into getting Vesperia), it seems to pass over with me better than before. *shrug*
Pretty sure they are using the Abyss battle system which is different than Vesperia/Symphonia. So there is a reaon why it feels different.

Quote:
And I do like the OP, except now I've pinpointed what I didn't like about it; the little chorus for the last part of the OP theme. It sounds like it was sung by a chorus f little kids to me for some reason, which is a bit "bleh."
Talking about music, does the battle music is good? The RM2 was pretty awesome (even the normal battle bgm) so I have high hopes for it.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote