View Single Post
Old 2011-10-08, 04:27   Link #57
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'll stick to my guns on Ringo, because for her entire life she's felt the need to use the crutch of believing that her decisions were unimportant, that she was just following a chosen path. For most of that time it was the Momoko fantasy, and now - rather than try and face an uncertain future - she's transferred that faith to something else (Shouma). There's nothing wrong with faith or belief, but I think she's also afraid of anything she can't explain away.
You are assuming that she is going to become as dependent on whatever it is that you think she was referring to about Shouma as she was in her belief that she had to become her dead sister. That's a big assumption, especially when we don't even know what exactly she was talking about. The way I see it, she is happy to have met the Takakuras and feels that was fate but is she really going to use that as an excuse to go on with her life? I doubt it. You can see that things have changed for her. Not only is she no longer trying to be Momoka, but she also accepted her father's new life on her own stands. I really doubt she perceives Shouma as an object of fate the way she viewed her diary. Not even remotely.

A meh episode imo. Not much happened... the information that we were given, we already knew, more or less. It was slow, solemn and serene but it wasn't impressive like episode 10.