View Single Post
Old 2008-06-21, 00:06   Link #184
cranston

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
If the red supporter is using Firebolt, it always aims at Enemy A; if it's using Fireball, it aims at Enemy Variable. Variable always hits D first, then (iirc) it hits whoever has less HP left. Check to see what it attacks.

If it hits Enemy Variable, your red defender with it's high M defense won't have a problem. If it's going for Enemy A, your defender won't be able to help, and your A will be defenseless unless your D is using a Team defense (全体 zentai).

If it hits Enemy A, and you don't have a team defense skill, you could also use a blue supporter to vanish, or a grean supporter to heal any damage you take.
I think you mean high F defense, not M. Firebolt and Fireball are both F attacks.

So the Enemy Variable (I read it as Random Enemy *oops*) goes after the Defender first. That helps in strategy planning. Guess I should've figured that out from the fact that the Attacker Skills also have the same thing.

Just to confirm though, with the firebolt, if it hits my A, it will be a critical hit, correct? If my D has zentai skill like Nozomin's 2nd D skill (I can't make out what it's supposed to be; purepublock or something), it won't be a critical hit? (Which, given Nozomin's high HP, makes the hit survivable.)

Thanks to Ehrjegel's advice, I got through that battle with zero casualties although it was a close thing. All 3 characters including Katima were near death.
cranston is offline   Reply With Quote