View Single Post
Old 2012-11-10, 16:08   Link #20
Clarste
Human

The impression I got about the monster spell is that it was still just an illusion. It didn't make him stronger or anything, it just made his attacks and range look different. The main point is that he broke their formation by frightening them, not that it's an overpowered uber-spell. I mean, previously he had only hit the shields, but after he changed he starting hitting them in the back. Of course, that just makes you wonder why they would care if its common knowledge that Spriggans have such a spell. Maybe it was a bigger monster than usual?

It it did actually make him stronger, then it would just be terrible writing. No excuses.

As for the sudden shift to "politics", honestly I have to say that I care more about that plotline than any of the other plot threads in this arc. I mean saving Asuna from the cheesy villain is hardly interesting. And don't get me started on Suguha's doomed romance. This kind of political machination is not entirely realistic for game like this, but that's the kind of thing people wish MMOs were about (as far as I know, only EVE Online has reached this level of conspiracy). Frankly I don't think it's even possible for that kind of thing to happen in a setting like this, since the playerbase is spread so thin among the different races. Especially if some of them are "underpowered" like Spriggans.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote