View Single Post
Old 2014-01-07, 20:28   Link #8
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Just chiming in - I've used a Samsung tab for a while, and an iPad for coming up to 2 years now. Generally, regarding a tablet, another thing to consider is the tradeoffs between portability, carrying stuff, and quality.

To an extent, I personally don't go higher than 480p when I'm watching anime on my iPad. This is partly because all tablets handle 480p fine, partly because my eyes are bad enough that I can't really tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a Retina display, and IMO 480p is the sweet spot between "Looks okay" and "Doesn't use too much space"; for instance your average 480p anime file, which would be either MKV like most people, or MP4 like UTW, will have a filesize around 150MB. This is great for carrying lots of shows on the move - I usually have around 4 or so gigs of free space that I keep for videos, so using 480p lets me carry more stuff.

As for best torrent client, uTorrent seems to be the preferred application. I've used it since 2005 and it seems to behave alright.

I believe in miracles.