View Single Post
Old 2007-04-20, 06:59   Link #2
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Copy-paste from before.
~~~~ ~~~~

The following is based on [a.f.k.]'s fansub.

Random Thoughts on Ep02:
---- ----
  • Lots of choice Kagami moments. She is the "straight man" in this comedy routine, and her punchlines are often a killer. Best one in this episode was probably, "That's just wrong" after seeing Konata's test result.
  • When that man skulked away from the girls in the arcade, the following phrase came to mind.

"A Man's Pride"
  • The part about "May Sickness" flew over my head. I understood what they were saying, but it wasn't clicking with me. Oh well, hit and miss as they say.
  • I can relate with the dentist discussion as my visits to the dentist are never happy ones. The drill is bad enough, but when the pick comes out... hoo boy.
  • Points for self-referential humour with regards to the issue of the cast-change between the Drama CD and the anime.
  • Despite "winning" the face-staring contest, the joke ended up being on Konata.
  • Envy in the Lucky Channel. I also wonder whether they are trying to make a point out of the exploitation of children in idol contests. It's unnerving to see people using their children to gain fame when those kids barely just started walking.
  • Best part of Lucky Channel has to be, "What was that?" Even taken out of context, it is still funny due to the efforts of the VA and the animation used to convey the scene.
  • What was up with the deep voice in the preview?
Cheers.