View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 10:15   Link #164
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The entire thing is a non-conclusion because its clear that he has no idea what to say or do. Which makes the scene progression make actual sense and Mikono's reaction comes in on the fact that he is, effectively, saying nothing but stringing together words. Its probably rather important that Mikono interjects not while he says the first line but when he starts on the second... and that she flips to jealousy at that moment: Uncertainty. (Of course, this doesn't change the fact that Zessica will get turned down next episode either by her own volition or with a talk from Amata.)

Of course, I found much of this episode a bit suspect in writing especially in regards to Mikono and how she was treated. Some aspects of the writing were honestly entirely off the wall for her character: "Shushu likes him... he cannot be that bad of a guy." There is no logic in this sentence, none, unless the point is to show a paramount level of self-delusion in Mikono. (Of course, I'm very suspicious of what Fudo might be planning.)
Ya I agree although his tone and the sentence before sudgested he's trying to let her down gently the fact he kinda strings words together means he was caught off gaurd. Even the previous episode where she tries to justify Kagura having Mikono and maybe they could hook up. Amata would have no such thought of that, he still obviously cares deeply about Mikono. And I can see Zessica being turn down in the next episode or the one after that. I was also too lazy to look up Unrequited so when I did it basically means one sided (learn something new everyday). I just don't want to see an ending where Zessica doesn't get equal response to her feelings and basically turns into a Reika situation. Then Amata and Mikono try to comfort her.