View Single Post
Old 2013-05-21, 20:54   Link #4247
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
The fact this elements are present in all the routes just makes me wonder why the characters just decide to sit on down and do nothing while the other character are actually acting.
Sorry, but if you're not sure why so many prime players in other arcs aren't active in other arcs, then I don't think you were paying very close attention.

For example, it was clearly stated in UBW that Caster's biggest fear was Berserker. It's why she was building a Servant army. She can do this because Ilya is scared by Archer, who managed to shave off one of Berserker's lives when she thought him invincible. In Fate, she could not do this because Archer was inactive, so Berserker was more active. As soon as he was disposed of, she showed up to try and claim Saber and was gunned down by Gilgamesh.

Quote:
So is more my feeling that you could answer all the questions in one route and still use other versions to tell different stories. Not just spread all elements in three unbalance parts that together make a whole of: three incomplete connected stories. It might work for some, but to me just doesn’t click right.
The routes are already pretty long. Each one answers its own core questions. They don't need to answer unasked questions that are answered in the natural course of the story in other routes.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote