View Single Post
Old 2011-04-08, 23:26   Link #1872
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Entropy is a quick and dirty explanation. However, better to have a quick and dirty explanation than a confusing and complex one.
While I get what you're saying, what makes you think it has to be either/or?

Before we got this explanation (and during the confusion before the ep was properly translated), it was one theory that Kyube was balancing good and evil. The lines from the characters prior to that point, such as Kyoko, began to suggest that happiness and sadness must be balanced. If you have a great joy, it must be balanced by a great sorrow. Kyoko keeping her joys small and to herself, meant that any corresponding sorrows would be similarly small; thus her worldview was a valid one.

If I were writing this, that would have been the route I would have gone. For those that are familiar with him, it could also be called the Galactus route. Kyube neither good nor evil, his very existence and what he does necessary to the fabric of the universe, however.

After just a little thinking, here's my current idea, although it would probably need some refinement:
Spoiler for Alternative to Entropy:

In my opinion, entropy and thermodynamics just make this thing messy. If PMMM is gonna go the deconstruction route, this might be better. Most MG's in other shows fight for truth and justice and love; it would be a nice twist to find out while they do that, it is only to help maintain a balance, and just the darker side has to be equally accounted for. They have to die for anger, hate, etc. as well.

It would also fit more nicely into what Kyoko was talking about, and mesh better with the theme of the show up until that point.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote