View Single Post
Old 2006-01-05, 19:58   Link #237
cajunman380

@vio5555. Ive already state dmy reasons for this show failing but you brought up an interesting point. i think polarized fanbases were a side effect of tghe bad writing of this series. in any series the only time you can build polarized fanbases is if there is a conflict waiting for a conclusion like to sides meeting head on. here. fukuda lit the fire and in the special episode put thousands of gallons on it to douse it out. the problem is that many fans (especially shinn fans ) are not accepting this because it was all force. im one of those who believe that quire frankly they should have remade the last ten episode rather than the last one because it still does not address the inherent problems that exist in the past few episodes that episode 50 revised sought to correct. all it simply does is provide an end. I feel that shinn should have stayed as he was at the end of the series. at least they would have material to work for in seed 3 becaiuse the whole meeting was just not believable and all fukuda did was sacrifice a fanbase just to end it.

also i keep on hearing people saying that kira nad athrun are ore popular etc, etc,...
all i have to say about it is this. they had gs to establish a fan base. shinn WAS SUPPOSED o be the main character of DESTINY. he had to have a reason for being in the story and he of all characters needed development. the fact that the reson for him being main character and his nerfing occured is what cause many gripes about the show. hell was kamille ever nerfed even though he was as whiny as amuro was? They had development and were given time to change. i feel that the sudden turnaround of shinn in episode 50 edited really hurt his character. the writers have a LOT of fixing to do (if they even intend to use these people for the third seed)

i feel all these issues could have been avoided if kira had been captured by the minerva in episode 34. at least all these confrontations would be more believable to some degree.
cajunman380 is offline   Reply With Quote