Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-08, 13:50   Link #10855
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
I would argue just the opposite. If you're truly smart, you'll realize how little value intelligence actually has. It certainly shouldn't impact your activities or social life. I like to play DDR and my friends like to play DDR. Does it really matter if I can do long division in my head and they can't?

As far as happiness goes, all happiness is just a state of mind. It doesn't matter if you're too dumb to see the negative or if you simply choose to ignore the negative; either way, you're happy, regardless of how "smart" you are. Besides, if you can see all the problems in the world, you should certainly be able to see all the good in the world as well. It's up to you which one you focus on.
I couldn't agree more in what you just said except for the intelligence part. I do believe once you hit a certain level of intelligence then you'll notice how you cannot fit in with the masses sometimes. Not fitting in, leads to feeling awkward, which can lead to feeling down, which may lead to not noticing potential partners. It's great to have friends to share activities like DDR, video games, sports, etc. But when it comes down to it, I can't talk about professional sports all day. It really helps finding people that can understand my ideals sometimes.