View Single Post
Old 2007-03-14, 15:22   Link #22
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure22 View Post
...Hey, this is a tad off topic, but with the two major Mech's being named after Knights of the round table, anyone else notice that the cat that's always biting Suzaku is "Arthur?" ...Hahaha, Lancelot slept with Arthur's wife, right? I'd understand Arthur may be a bit unhappy about that, hence the biting of Suzaku's hand...

I thought of this when I was wondering about what else they may name upcoming Knightmare Frames, and considered "Arthur" as possibly being one, given the theme, but... I don't think they'd name the cat and a mech the same thing.
Taniguchi and Co. have been chucking Arthurian/Irish/medieval references at us for a while already. Nothing new. So...yes, it's most likely part of their less-than-subtle attempt to ensconce us in that universe.

But for KF names, it depends. The way I see it is that mass-produced mechs (or at least classes having more than one unit each) would be given - like the others - names from cities, British districts and regions, like Sutherland, Glasgow, etc, while one-of-a-kind units (Lancelot, Gawain) that stand on their own would be christened after historical figures.

As for now, there are no news about new mechs, except a possibility that
Spoiler:
However, it's unlikely that something new will pop up. The Sutherland still stands on its own so there is no need to replace what isn't broken, worldwide weapon race or not.