View Single Post
Old 2014-02-13, 03:26   Link #272
cupumanager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I am looking forward to see how the reveal will be handled, particularly because Kal-el and Claire are paired up as a pilot/gunner combo. The bond between a flight crew is something that needs to be very strong, putting their trust in each other. It will be interesting to see if that bond supersedes all the hate that's in Karl's heart.

Or I suppose Karl and Nina would fade away, and instead Kal-el and Clair would build a new life of their own, together. Karl la Hire and Nina Viento are no more; in their place are Kal-el Albus and Claire Cruz.

*shrug*

That said, I'm expecting the worse, that everyone dies and there's no happy endings. This way, when there are happy endings, at least it'll be that much pleasant. I have a strong suspicion a number of students are going to buy it )
Right, this is why the planes in Toaru Hikuushi Series and also Last Exile (also NIRVASH TypeZERO from E7) are at least Two-Seaters even for the lightest ones(Except Guild Starfighters...Atleast Dio and Lucciola's dock in 69 position when not in battle, but honestly it does not count). I say the creators designs this deliberately: The Potentials of Pairing, Relationship Dynamics between the crews; since the crews are locked in the same Plane which not all aspects of it are able to be handled by a lone crew, they need to trust, and dependent on each others - otherwise it will be a flying coffin for both of them.(Which probably will for some of the cast...)

I love the series, albeit it have incredibly clear Eye-Rolling Cliches that makes my eyes looking off the screen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...also, I'd need someone more versed in WW2 tech to advise, but the enemy fighters in the first ep reminded me a lot of the Me Bf109. Also, the El Halcon is essentially a fighter version of the old CL-84 Dynavert, reimagined as an amphibious flying boat fighter. It so far seems to fly and manuever alright, though I'd think a Mustang, Corsair, Spitfire or Zero would be better pure fighters... on the other hand, the El Halcon can perform VIFFing, or something close to it. (Incidentally, stories of Harriers using VTOL to come to a stop and force overshoots in the Falklands war are - so far - stories. What is known however is that Harrier pilots did take advantage of the thrust vectoring nozzles to pull tighter turns. Harriers might be subsonic, but they're nasty buggers to dogfight with.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
I, personally, am a lot more disappointed in the designs of the Sky Tribe fighters...

In the teaser at the beginning of ep 1, they have these very classic ww2 fighter designs, i totaly fell in love with the moment i saw them.
But in the last two episode they looked a lot different... i just hope these are the "old tech" fighters everyone is talking about and they actually developed thier own designs we already saw in ep 1.

...The Enemy Fighters in Ep1 (Not the antiquated Sky Clan Monoplanes) do look like Early Bf 109 variants for me, albeit with its 20mm cannons closer to the wing root, and having large blisters on the nose.
Now, The Sky Knights, do not use El Halcons - El Halcons are flown mainly for Training Purposes. Sky Knight Fighters have enclosed cockpit, Retractable landing gears, wings at the Engines, and Inverted V Tail(El Halcon Trainer V Tail are upward). But it looks like Federation Fighters are all Turret Fighters - as I see no Forward-Firing guns yet (Like Tiltwing, Inverted V Tail version of Gloster F9/37)

The Federations Fighters built as Seaplanes are very suitable for their mostly-water World...but The Sky Tribes and whoever the Ep1 enemies does not use seaplanes...meaning they are fighting in home turf where airbases are abundant...or they have sizeable Flying Aircraft Carrier Fleet...

In Toaru Hikuushi no Tsuioku, set in the same universe; Levahm Empire's Fighter are not Seaplanes either...Aeris II looks like Hawker Hurricane. Imperial Japan- Inspired Amatsukami Empire uses real-life J7W Shinden flown from Flying Aircraft Carriers.
However, The Seaplane used to transport The Princess have fully enclosed rear-facing gunner emplacement; unlike the open gunner position in Koiuta.

Last edited by cupumanager; 2014-02-13 at 04:12.
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote