View Single Post
Old 2008-03-11, 23:21   Link #40
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Interesting Indeed. I guess you also feel the same way about Whitebeard as I do, as in his bounty would be close to 1 billion. The reason I put Shanks in the range of 600 to 700 million is because so far, he is the one emperor that seems to be the most laid back and least likely to cause trouble for the world government. Remember when the five elders feared a meeting between Shanks and Whitebeard, one of them commented that Shanks is not the kind of pirate to try and disturb the balance by making such rash actions. I also presume that he is the youngest and newest emperor out of the four, thereby making him the least experienced pirate out of them in the world government's perspective. This would play a factor into making his bounty significantly lower than the pirate veteran Whitebeard.
I placed an added emphasis on Shanks, not only becuase he is Luffy's mentor, but also due to the fact that he has become a Yonkou while he was young and after he lost a limb. I hate to simplify it so much, but to wield the extreme respect that he recievess with only having one limb and being so young has to make him extremly powerful. Added to that, he seems to have possibly driven Blackbeard away during their encounter some 10 years previous to the current story (Shanks received the injury, but Blackbeard had to retreat (it could have been a battle where Shanks crew helped to fight Blackbeard, but One Piece has a fairly one-on-one style fighting, so I doubt Shanks crew would have helped)), and Blackbeard is possibly of a similiar level to Whitebeard (I still think that Whitebeard is the "top", but Blackbeard and Shanks are not too far behind). Finally, Shanks seems to desire One Piece - the ultimate treasure that may or may not have details in regards to the True History of the world. This makes him an extremely wanted individual.

Quote:
I also find it interesting that you estimate Mihawk's former bounty to be 500 million. For me, I would approximate his bounty to be somewhere from 450 to 500 million. I think the reason he will have such a high former bounty is because Oda hasn't revealed it yet. Why would Oda want to keep it concealed for so long? He probably concealed it in order to not derogate (belittle) the former bounties of Kuma and Doflamingo.
Mihawk set out to specialize his powers. He was a villian/pirate while he trained to become the greatest swordsman, and once he reached his plateau (i.e. attained his complete power (became able to "cut" element)), he retired from seeking adventure to simply letting adventure (pirates) find him. Mihawk will definetely have at least a 500 million bounty if his abilities truly allow him to cut logia users without using a seastone (which is the current belief amongst many One Piece fans). I agree that Oda probably concealed Mihawk's bounty in order to not derogate the former bounties of Kuma, Doflamingo, and Crocodile.

Quote:
As for Kaidou, I can actually see his bounty being slightly higher than Shanks's. I can see his bounty being in the 700 to 800 million range. This guy has to be a major threat to have wiped out both Moria and his whole crew in the past. He must be a big nuisance to the world government.
I can not really comment right now. While I believe Kaidou is strong, the fact that Moria felt that adding Odz to his arsenal would help him to equal Kaidou, might mean that Kaidou is not that much stronger than Moria. So I felt that Kaidou would be around the 650-700 million range (to over simplify, about twice Moria's bounty). I do not think that Kaidou is above Shanks, but I guess that we will find out in the next year or two .

Quote:
Regarding the fourth emperor, nothing to comment on, but I do agree with you that he/she has a bounty on par with Shanks and Kaidou.
Again, no comment .

Last edited by james0246; 2008-03-12 at 00:11.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote