Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-28, 13:48   Link #2716
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
That would be a completely different series, not Simoun. I really don't see the point of shattering all the great elements of this anime and still wanting to keep the name "simoun".
True but that's what darthfury has been talking about for months and I still don't get his arguments either.

Quote:
Is that unrealistic?
Yes. I have never heard of yuri hentai anime which has been commercially successful (are there many hental OVAs based on non-hentai series anyway?). You might want to try the current series Blue Drop as it features an all female alien civilization with aliens who look exactly like humans. It doesn't seem to be too popular either, though.

Quote:
The main characters in the series could have started out as children and gradually make them growup into adults engaging in more complex situations, such as Harry Potter. This could have set the standard for the Yuri content. But the creators missed out on that opportunity to take it to that level.
Don't you mean take it down to this level? Or in other words simplify it?

Quote:
I am not saying that Simoun is a bad show. But I feel that it might have been much more receptive without it by the general anime audience. This is just my opinion: Most folks don't like the idea of Girls becoming Guys. Once they see that, they'll stop watching no matter how good the series is.
Well, as far as I know the popularity of Simoun compared to other yuri series in which there is no sex change is not lagging that much behind. If people are prejudiced enough not to watch because of that - this is their problem, it's not as if the series was mainstream to begin with or would have been mainstream had there been an all female cast of characters.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote