View Single Post
Old 2010-09-19, 23:34   Link #51
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Finished all the routes and the true ending just now, the whole game took me around 50 hours. Definitely not going to regret spending my weekend on this.

I've only played a few AVGs, tried this one because of its genre and popularity since I always like sci-fi and time-traveling stuff. The script and pace wasn't flawless, especially the specific routes of some of the heroines, but the last 3 chapters had some of the best scenario I've seen and they were executed brilliantly. Everything becomes clear and all the loose ends were tied, very satisfied after completing the true end. I think I've read a comment on the net somewhere that "the story is so good I want to erase all my memory about it and play again". Indeed!! I think I'll actually go and play it once again before the anime comes out. The official guidebook looks really tempting too....
Played through Chapter 4... I will have to say it is amazing so far. It combines humorous parodies to some quite already disturbing and scary scenes (and it will get worse than that, as I kind of know some spoilers already).

What amazed me the most so far is the detail put into the script to make... the weird stuff and paradoxes stand out. Without spoiling, like subtle details in honorifics in describing teenage boys and girls, and how Akihabara itself changes when ... weird stuff happens. Of course there are flaws as well, I did not like the references to certain real world businesses and agencies. Spoiler:
Spoiler for Parody:

From what I can tell so far, the plot reminds me Frankenstein and The Lathe of Heaven. I think some Sci-Fi novel fans with good otaku knowledge will enjoy the most of the game.
Quote:
Speaking of anime adaptation, the story's pieced together with so many worlds and timelines in order to be complete, I don't even know if 24 episodes are enough...
There is heavy amount of "jargon" - from Internet slangs to science phrases; and in the game, they have a dictionary thingy that explains what "w" to "Schrodinger's Cat" mean. It is not easy to put that on TV even for Japanese audience I think. It will be a challenge to animate... not to mention to fansub/release in English.

Quote:
Did it take place in the same world as Chaos Head? I heard the setting takes place 1 year after that game.
It does, but I have not played Chaos Head. So I cannot really comment on the content of Chaos Head itself.
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote