Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-15, 18:14   Link #565
Tyr Valein

I thought that I'd bring this little bit of speculation here since the site I originally posted it on doesn't seem to be getting too much activity:

Quote:
Okay, about to lay down some serious speculation right now.

I've only watched the RAW and only understood about three-quarters of what was being said, so catch me if I'm wrong about some things.

In today's episode we have three major things that caught my eye, mostly things that support the alternate universe theory of things.

1) Lack of trapar belt around the planet or the engraved moon.

- It felt like they were purposely trying to avoid the sky for most of the episode so this could be a hint to it being the alternate universe.
- I get a bad feeling that if we're wrong, the lack of trapar belt or engraved moon could just be a mistake on BONES' part.

2) Seven Swell-like phenomenon leads to "Scub Bursts" where massive chunks of Scub Coral fall out of portals

- Feels like more support for the alternate universe theory because the Scub Coral is falling out of some sort of portal. Maybe a dimensional gateway to the universe of the original?
- In one of the chunks of Scub Coral there was a hand sticking out of it. Maybe it was an LFO from the original?
- In the manga, Eureka "fell" out of the sky and into Okinawa according to the townspeople. Maybe she fell through a portal to this world and eventually went back somehow (maybe through the Zone), accidentally leaving Ao behind.

3) IFOs look nothing like LFOs at all. Why would they get rid of some of the most iconic mecha out there, if not some of the most original out there?

- It could just be a design decision on BONES' part, but I think it could potentially be tied in.
- Vehicles seem to lack Compac Drives, instead incorporating a different kind of interface called an ECU that I guess works sort of the same way.
- If that hand in the Scub Coral was any clue, I'm guessing that LFOs came to Earth through a portal and the inhabitants reverse-engineered IFOs from them.

That's it for now unless I think of anything else I missed.
Also Ao has been confirmed to be Eureka and Renton's son. So that firmly places it as a sequel. Like I say above, the fact that the Nirvash left with half of the life on the planet at the end of the first one is a very important plot point here.

Last edited by Tyr Valein; 2012-04-15 at 18:26.
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote