View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 18:30   Link #6
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think you're taking a bit of a narrow view. Providing those suggestions isn't only useful for the OP, but it can be useful also to any other posters who are looking for similar suggestions and stumble upon your post. So even if the OP seems to ignore your post, that doesn't mean it wasn't appreciated or isn't helpful to them or to others.

I don't think we can regulate that people be courteous. Of course we don't want people to be outright rude, but simply not posting a response to a well-thought-out suggestion is not proof itself that someone's being rude to you (or to you in particular).

One thing I still think I would still like to do (and I think it was discussed before) is to come up with some standardized recommendation threads for common requests so that, if you're going to spend a bunch of time detailing a recommendation, it can go in a common re-used thread rather than a sort of "disposable" individual request thread.

Other than that, if we were to post anything, I guess it'd just be a courtesy reminder like "Please remember that posters are volunteering their time to help you out; please be courteous and respectful". I'm still not sure if we can compel people to reply to posts, even if they are well thought-out (and even our posting that sort of statement would only go so far...).
Ahhh, ok. Thanks for stating your position in such a thorough, comprehensive way.

I totally understand how consideration isn't enforceable. It was just an idea that came to me after yet another frustrating experience typing a detailed list of suggestions into a thread on the suggestions forum.

Besides this one quip I like the Suggestions Forum a lot and it's one of the things that really stands out about this forum as compared to most other anime message boards (not that they don't have suggestions forums but that ASuki's is the best by far).