View Single Post
Old 2004-04-09, 16:46   Link #83
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmedaus
If he did get Kimi in the air and then wrapped him up, I don't think he expected to live after the move. The whole point is to take down this opponent, because he said so. Lee is big into promises. I don't think it was too smart of him, then again Lee is always trying to prove himself against everyone who he thinks is a genius.

I agree that Lee even if suceeded in the move would not have been uninjured. Yet, his goal wasn't to get the opponent an walk unscratched. It's to get the opponent at whatever cost.
Yes, I realize all that. But Lee wouldn't have lived to EXECUTE the move. That ends all chance of him defeating the opponent. What Lee SHOULD have done after he got stabbed attacking from behind was say: "Crap, I can't even use the Lotus, he'll kill me. Must find another way."

But Lee's stupid (and drunk) so he doesn't even think about that.

Here were Lee's options after getting hit on the back attack:

Feint, then attack: Improbable
Find openings, hope stamina holds: Unlikely
Use the weapons he has to attack: Possible
Lotus: Guaranteed Death for Lee.

The end results of Lotus would have been the same as Lee taking out a kunai and stabbing himself in the eye with it. Lee, however, is too dumb to realize this. This isn't because it's his way of fighting, it's his way of fighting because he doesn't think. At all.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote