View Single Post
Old 2008-03-15, 23:05   Link #1203
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
The SEED characters had their character development tapped out by the end of SEED. I mean really, where else do you go with Kira after all that? So they basically ignore any sort of development for Kira/Lacus the entirety of Destiny. Athrun and Cagalli regress into some kind of pathetic catharsis for most of the show, and Shinn the new lead character doesn't even develop as a character at all -- he's the same retard in Ep50 he was in Ep1. At least Kamille from Zeta (whom Shinn is based on) grew out of that phase by the middle of the show.
While Kira's character stayed relatively static in Destiny, the same can't be said of either Athrun or Cagalli. In particular, Cagalli grew by leaps and bounds by the end of the show. Lacus didn't really change, but her characterization in Seed was very incomplete, and Destiny went a very long way towards fleshing her out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
As for a 3rd season: The possibility is obviously there. Stargazer was extremely good for such a short little OVA. I'd be for it as long as Fukuda wasn't director. Either get the Stargazer director or someone else.
I don't really think that Fukuda is all that good at directing, but I'm not sure if Nishizawa Susumu would necessarily be that much better. His work on Hikaru no Go was very good, but I felt that Stargazer itself was lacking in many respects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarachi View Post
I find it interesting that with Kira in PLANTS it could spark the "he is the ultimate coordinator a much better that your local coordinator" within the PLANTS community.
I don't really think that it'll make all that much difference. There should be a varying degree of genetic manipulation involved in creating the Coordinator population to begin with. All Kira being the "Ultimate Coordinator" would do is to demonstrate that a new technique using artificial wombs will work in addition to the traditional techniques.

The only characters who even cared about Kira's status were those already obsessed with the idea of genetic determinism: Rau, Durandal and Rey. PLANT's people don't really seem to care that much, so they probably wouldn't accord him a different status. I think that the bigger question is how Lacus would account for his presence beside her.