View Single Post
Old 2008-04-14, 03:28   Link #128
Amrael
Nothing ever changes.

Send a message via MSN to Amrael
Quote:
lolx!Makoto?... A word ..."stupid"
You read my thoughts .

Ok, now for the topic, Sekai has won me as the best character of School Days. And forgive me all of you Kotonoha fans if I say that she appeared more of a victim than her friend-rival in love. It is true that she is what made everything move, the very source of all that happened during the show, but it is true to blame her for everything? I'd say no. Although pretty invasive and over-the-edge, Sekai did a favor to Makoto in putting him in a position that would have him approach Kotonoha (this made them "lovers"), but this in the end backfired, as she herself became infatuated with Makoto, thus delivering a massively destructive blow to her friendship with Kotonoha, and it should be noted that she was conscious about it. However, she lacked something that Setsuna, Otome & Co. had, and that was malice: that is, she never did what she did for amusement, jealousy or, in Setsuna's case, for another friend.

And so what do we have in the end: Makoto with his pitiful excuses has is way with Sekai, only with the difference that where she loved him with her heart he loved her with is crotch, and demonstrated to be more than willing to throw her out as she became an annoyance, that is, pregnant (this was one of the cruelest acts Makoto had done, God how angry I was at him).

Of course, maybe I'm just seeing things and I grasped nothing of the show, and I do like Kotonoha a lot too, but IMHO Sekai has just that something that makes her all the way better. Her death was truly merciless, something that Makoto deserved in the first place.