View Single Post
Old 2012-06-12, 14:49   Link #476
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Shirou in the UBW True End says aloud he doesn't have an answer yet. I suggest you to re-read it. Tiger Dojo spells aloud that neither Fate or UBW weren't supposed to be given answers for the life Shirou should lead.

HF does. Last Episode is basically the same answer of HF only applied to a different heroine. Borrowed ideals are nice and all, but between saving strangers forever and chasing after the one I love to see her smile? The later, please.
That's just your personal view on the matter. The narrative itself doesn't try and make following the ideal out to be something inherently bad (or it wouldn't be the end result of Good/True conclusions to two different routes). And again, you're straying from the point of my initial statement, which is that Kiritsugu would find salvation in the person Shirou became in UBW, since the whole point of its ending is that he won't let the ideal break him as it did Archer, who is pretty much Kiritsugu Part 2.

As for this "found an answer or not" business, the point is that Shirou is empty and lacks a self, and thus needs something to fill him and give him a sense of purpose. In UBW it's his ideal, whereas in HF he replaces it with his affection for Sakura. It's a different choice, but it doesn't make the ones reached in the previous routes a mistake, since, as you said, there is no true route and they are all equally canon.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote