View Single Post
Old 2009-06-13, 19:12   Link #83
jtstellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
That's likely part of the point — the viewers have a point of identification with Saki because she's not pegged too much into one character type. She instead represents the general feelings of disillusionment and helplessness among people entering "adult" Japanese society. Her character, more than anything, frames the series' perspective.
well i see where you're coming from, but it really depends on where the series is headed. it's like pulling a ayanami rei type character in a ghost in the shell type series.. it'll be out of place and anti-climatic though i will still like it because i like those characters. this series seems to have a good potential in eventually getting into heavy thought provoking plots about world's current state of affairs as i think it's already headed that way, and that would be very different from what a generic anime series does with its plot. well there's still couple episodes and a movie, i will just stop making predictions here because i might turn out wrong about the whole thing anyway. it might not go nearly as far as i'd hope.