View Single Post
Old 2011-09-07, 19:24   Link #965
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Within the World

In my case, I do really need to rewatch the episodes in order to pay attention to the dialogue.

What we have unfolded about in the eighth episode is:
1. Watainu, at least, is in the lookout for Sayas' memories to awaken.
2. Tadayoshi, judging from his reaction and looks, upon hearing Saya to become in par with her mother someday about the hunt for the Furukimono was certain that Saya hasn't awakened yet to the truth.
3. From Saya's reply to Tokizane's comment about the Furukimono being monsters, I can interpret that Saya's not feeling that they could be monsters, though she has no absolute idea about to whom she made promise and what would be the consequences if she breaks the promise.
Maybe the promise has some relation in respect to the covenant that the Furukimon insisted from Saya to honor.

And this episode's Furukimono returned to the relentless, vicious, and brutal nature displayed in the other ones from the previous episodes when wasting and eating humans like fodder.

The other odd thing about the start of the episode is that finding Saya covered in her enemy's blood and the corpse of the slain Furukimono by her side, that doesn't trigger within Tokizane a reaction of fear and shock, rather his reaction was him being befuddled and startled seeing Saya with such a grisly sight.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote