Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 22:12   Link #1215
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Let me point out that Index is a very bad example as it covered 5.75 books in it's 24 ep "first season" all of them with major edits includeing whole subplots removed and it's characters werent flesh out much unless they were Touma or Misaka. Maoyuu on the other hand seems to only be atempting to cover 2 the fact that the manga is also nearing the end of the second book in no way means that they are "compressing all those material like crazy" to get to the end. They have picked a reasonable place to End the season. Aside from Hero's earlyer andventures as Dark Knight the other things cut have been a small amout of comedic dialouge (maybe 2 to 3 minutes worth) and slightly less detailed versions of her plans and that has more to do with the limit of time in an ep and paceing. Hero's been fleshed out (he is worried about not being useful), Maou been fleshed out (She is a kind person that wants to end the strife between everyone, and we now see that she also has some deep selfdoubts that she is doing the right thing), Big Sis has been fleshed out (a smart and strong girl that has deep seated fears that she still hasn't taken control of her life), The Winter Prince ( A man that both wants to see the end of the war and cares for his people, yet blames himself for the death of Hero), Female Knight (A kind yet quick to anger woman deeply in love with Hero with extreme abandmet issues), even the 2 new characters are pretty fleshed out Demon Girl (a kind girl who dislikes conflict), and White Night King (Scum that hides while his men shield him and see money and things as more importent then people.)
Yet, I still think the first 5 episodes of Index isn’t this awful in terms of pacing and editing. Somehow, Index felt less rushed and characters can still "breathe" in their screentime due to decent execution.

As for Maoyuu's charas, they are fleshed-out, but they’re not fleshed-out well enough to me, just like I said in my previous post. Hell, just look at the comments of many anime-only watchers in this thread to know whether the anime was doing a (generally) good job with fleshing-out their characters or not (so far).