View Single Post
Old 2010-02-24, 17:47   Link #128
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
She may be a criminal, but at least she's an honest one. Right?
Precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
One thing to keep in mind is that the only thing Itsuki has really revealed about himself is that his entire personality is fabricated. How can you trust anything he says? You can't even trust that he's always lying. He's a walking, (close) talking, smiling "liar paradox".
Well, he hadn't said his entire personality is fabricated, just that he has to act in front of Haruhi , unlike Mikuru or Yuki.

The first underlined part can mean Itsuki is being himself when Haruhi is not around. I ca believe that, his personality change, he is more obviously a fake when dealing with Haruhi (being basicaly a 'yes man'). Of course, if he thinks there is need to act in front of Haruhi, he might think as well he needs to act in front of Kyon. Tough I would point he is more inclined to drop this forced smile when Haruhi is not nearby.

The second part is more interesting. This would mean Koizumi do not believe Mikuru is acting. This contradict what he said earlier (that Mikuru can be just faking), but I doubt he has any reason to lie here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Can somebody tell me when Itsuki said this? It's not that I doubt it, it's just that I don't remember when he said it.
Vol6, Charmed at First Sigh,m I believe. Btw, if someone could post here the actual quote it would be good. I am speaking from my memories alone and I can be completely wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
I always wondered though, if one day Haruhi gives up on Kyon and never cares about him anymore, will the SOS Brigade still be as loyal to Kyon as they are now? After all, their mission objective is Haruhi, not Kyon. All this attention he's getting is a result of Haruhi choosing him specifically; what if he lost that privilege? Will Mikuru still fawn over him? Will Yuki still protect him and listen to his words? More importantly for this thread, will Koizumi still be his friend?
For what we can see from latter novels, I am inclined to believe Yuki would still stay by Kyon's side. The same for Mikuru ,if she is really just being herself, tough not as loyal as Yuki, she would just stuk with Haruhi, obeying her superiors orders, but trying to see Kyon from time to time (if she really likes him). For Itsuki... I believe he would just cortesly ignore Kyon. Of course, this is my interpretation. In any case, Koizumi needs to stay by Haruhi's side at any cost. For all he knows, this is a life or death matter. Even if his friendship with Kyon is genuine, between the world salvation and a friend he would choice the world salvation.

Of couser, this assuming no organization finds Kyon special by any means beyond being 'chosen by Haruhi'. There are many theories agains such interpretation (even disconsidering the ones that say "Kyon is the real 'God'). This is particularly suspicious for the Time-Travelers. They seens to always have something to Kyon do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Back to Koizumi, I think part of what makes him so interesting is his way of speaking. Technically, what he says isn't a lie, yet he withholds part of it as he sees fit. There is no reason at all for Koizumi to trust in the SOS Brigade; he is a man on a mission, and while he says on more than one occasion he enjoys the company of Haruhi and Kyon, he never refers to them as friends (correct me if I'm wrong).
I agree with you until this part. Snow Montain don't really changed my views. Itsuki has yet to proove his words with action.

Again, I don't think he (or the Agency) has some malevous plan of any kind. I just believe they are far to concerned with the world salvation to do anything else. I can believe he thinks Kyon as a friend, just that he wouldn't choose him over the world.

Spoiler for SMS: