Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-08, 05:29   Link #12942
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
That's what inflation does. It's crazy anywhere you go. I'm quite lucky myself because at the price I pay for my 1 bedroom flat (which is quite spacious and high quality too), I'd only get a cheap studio flat instead. Many years ago, the same flat I'm in wouldn't even cost half of what I'm paying. And your parent's situation is another reason I want to try avoid buying my own place

Indeed, if it wasn't for the ideal of constant innovation (practically translated to trying to make a product that seems better and costs less every 10 minutes), then standardization wouldn't be too much of an issue. The problem is that each country has its preferences and its gimmicks in how businesses operate. Making it so that every country works the same is a double-edged sword.

The keyword there is "game," particularly because large businesses are treating people's lives like some kind of game without really trying to understand what really makes life easier and better for them and prefer to think about how much money they can spend on them
It is actually fine if it is a game. I have always viewed that if it is a game, everyone shares experiences, make friends, close deals and to some extent, everyone wins without sacrificing too much.

I think a better word would be bloodfest in your context. Either that or the terminology of the "game" you are referring to is the type Romans watch at the Colosseum thousands of years ago - profit maximisation has become such a key point that competing teams are willing to make others bleed for their own benefit.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.