View Single Post
Old 2013-08-28, 09:52   Link #4167
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
That being said, I might read those titles again.....I hope the all age version isn't THAT different from the original.
I have the all-age version from Mashiro-iro Symphony. Part of the common route is different due to the addition of a new character (Satsuki, I think), but nothing really too oustanding. Obviously, ero removed and added Sana's route.
With quite a few ported all-age VNs you can say that in "exchange" for the ero, there are other additions to make up for it (unless you must have ero; then these additions won't compensate enough - for lack of better words"). Be it new scenes, new character routes and/or new CGs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
A lot of this was actually based on slightly-twisted information. Kiss scenes were even featured prominently in the promo material for the game. The issue was that one of the kiss scenes had a "cut-in" that had a close-up of the french kiss with saliva strands (etc.), and they removed the "cut-ins" (along with the extended kissing "dialogue" that matched) in favour of just leaving the kiss itself. Obviously, it's still an editorial change and some will object on principle, but it's one that is consistent with the tone of the revised work, and isn't intended to make the game less romantic, just a bit less explicit.
Thanks. That explains it of course quite better. In this case (i. e. the saliva strands, make-outish extended scenes) it's acceptable because the moment itself was being kept intact. Due to the ragestorm caused by it, a fan-made restoration patch appeared rather quickly. Maybe one of the faster/fastest reactions in the English VN-community