View Single Post
Old 2013-08-30, 01:11   Link #4179
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
I've never heard of them so I searched them up in vndb. Apparently they only done 3 VNs....which I don't think is a prove that they have pretty good reputation among VN readers.
I think you're missing the point of the comment. Willplus is the parent company that owns/operates a ton of different brands. I'd say they're definitely a "reputable brand" among VN readers. If you were referring to Akabeisoft, the point here too is that they're a company that operates a lot of different brands, and may be recognized more for their brands than for things published under their own label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
[...] from what I see in the Japanese market, you have more eroge produced and those that are converted to all age version are usually done appropriately(like what you've shown me) and not just censoring every freaking H scenes. Either they are freaking lazy or they just couldn't be bothered producing a proper all age version of Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete which is rather disappointing. They have some good VNs but the way they handle Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete is just terrible. Not what a reputable company would do.
This is a "proper all-age version". It features a fully-edited script, re-recorded voice acting for changed lines, adjustments to the CGs, and is a polished package with age ratings in the target markets. They didn't just "censor every freaking H scene"; they adjusted the script so that it flowed appropriately. Really the only difference between what they did and what happens for Japanese all-ages releases is that typically they get some new CGs and often new routes to entice people who already purchased the original game to buy it again. But given that it was never released in English markets before, they weren't going to add content that even the Japanese market didn't get yet.

I mean, you can have opinions about whether you like their editorial choices, but there's nothing about it what they did here that makes it "not proper" or that suggests it isn't "what a reputable company would do". It's a totally legit English all-ages release by the original game makers in collaboration with a known translation company. I'm not sure how it could be any more "legit" than that. If you don't like their approach and have good reasons, then that's the sort of constructive feedback they need so they can consider what to do for their next project.