View Single Post
Old 2004-05-26, 20:08   Link #11
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
I agree, but I simply look at it this way:
There COULD have and SHOULD have been NO changes at all.
Especially since Companies are already too random with how they handle manga - randomly giving it bad and brilliant treatment. The more examples we get of fans 100% happy with a gold product, the better.

Especially, as this is exactly how the fans want it!
Especially as DelRey is new in manga; people simply will not buy their products, and they will not make as much money if they feel that they are not getting their moneys worth with an edited like that product.

Especially as there's been no reports of them doing this with the other 3 series they've picked up.

It really annoys me, because apart from the edited content, I LOVED their handling of it. Print quality was excellent, translation of the sound-effects handled well, I couldn't complain at the editing (like I usually can). It really is an excellent release, which is why it's annoying that they made these silly changes.

Well, we'll just have to see how they handle volume 2....

Also, just for those that didn't know: DelRey also didn't include COLOUR pages that were in the original Japanese volumes: But they did for the Clamp series they are doing!
It's just too random I tell ye! :/