View Single Post
Old 2012-11-22, 04:36   Link #46
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I think I understand why the drama has less punch than expected. This is a romantic comedy, but for one reason or another the reason for Rikka chuunibyou is on the dramatic side. So what they try to do is kept the drama short and more symbolic. I for one think that seeing how Rikka view that fight is better than seeing Touka just keep hitting her. Make no mistake, I still think that the story for the drama part is weaker than I'd like. But I think I see why it turned out this way.

After that though it's all great stuff. The romance is coming along nicely. Rikka is certain but unaware of her feeling, and Yuuta is awared but isn't sure of his feeling. I really like every little interaction they did that just keep moving them another step closer, but not quite there yet. Maybe it's because of my personal background, but I much prefer this kind of romantic story over the just-confess-and-kiss-already that many seems to be asking for. This is the type of stories than put a smile on my face, not a palm on my forehead.