View Single Post
Old 2007-11-07, 04:53   Link #86
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Yeah, and my point was, "so what?" Yeah, if he hadn't fumbled, it would've been different, but there were lots of things that would've made it different throughout the game. If you're going to make a list of things that would've changed the tide had they been slightly different, the Patriots had more. (It's irrelevant, but if I'm thinking of the same Harrison play as you, in the end zone, then that definitely wasn't pass interference... he was looking at the ball the whole time ).

Then you highly doubt incorrectly. Peyton Manning and the Colts are more of a threat when they pass, so the Patriots focused on passing defense more than run defense. Did Addai execute when he should have? Absolutely, he had a great game. Was he going against the full force of the Patriots rush defense? Of course not, otherwise you would have seen Adalius Thomas in there a hell of a lot more than you did. That's how defense works in American football, you have different types of coverages, and the Patriots (especially in the first half) used pass coverage pretty much the entire time.
And my point is that New England isn't invincible and can be defeated by the Colts without it being a huge upset. As for the Harrison play, I saw it, Harrison had his hand on the guys jersey and was holding him. Doesn't matter if he was looking at the ball, if you hold the receiver (not giving them a chance to catch the ball) then it's defensive holding or defensive pass interference.

I admit, I didn't pay attention to most of the coverages the Patriots were in, but that doesn't mean Addai can't have a great game if the they in fact did focus in on the run more so than the pass.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote