View Single Post
Old 2007-12-23, 08:10   Link #75
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
He didnt hurt the girls just once emotionally. He repeadedly hurt the girls over and over again which sometimes might makes me think, he does have some type of purpose for doing all this. It might not be intentional at first but I think he gets some type of thrill in cheating on someone...Would you want your heart to be broken twice because of how someone else acts leaving you feelings but yet never completetely commit to you? I for one, wont and cant stand such a thing and its happening as I type this to my friend, this freaking girl is playing with my friends feelings and he cant do nothing about it since he's heads over heels for her. Been trying to convince my friend what type of idiotic path he is walking down yet to no appeal. I am not saying that every person that cheats deserve to die but given the circumstances and how I view "love", you better say what you mean and not advantage of what it truly symbolize....you reap what you sew.
I wouldnt say that Sekai was in a state of insanity when she pulled off such an act but I do concede that she wasnt exactly "normal" at the time. I never played the game, I probably would have liked the same ending as the anime if the flow of the game is similar to the anime. I dont see how him being alone for the rest of his life is ENOUGH punishment for the deeds he has committed...even though it would be better to tortue and slowly kill someone than finishing them off instantly(what an oxymoron -_-).
tripperazn makes a really good point. Many people hurt others continually without remorse. Drug addicts for one.

Has it ever occurred to you that Makoto might be a sex addict? Granted, it's unlikely to happen in real life that quickly, but just check out the addiction requirements (Taken from wikipedia):
1. Recurrent failure (pattern) to resist impulses to engage in specific sexual behavior. (Never denied sex once, did he?)
2. Frequent engaging in those behaviors to a greater extent or over a longer period of time than intended. (Threesome orgy?)
3. Persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to stop, reduce, or control those behaviors. (Not yet.)
4. Inordinate amount of time spent in obtaining sex, being sexual, or recovering from sexual experience. (Yep, happened.)
5. Preoccupation with the behavior or preparatory activities. (Same)
6. Frequent engaging in the behavior when expected to fulfill occupational, academic, domestic, or social obligations. (At the school festival, at the water park, etc.)
7. Continuation of the behavior despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent social, financial, psychological, or physical problem that is caused or exacerbated by the behavior. (Social problems in hurting the girls.)
8. Need to increase the intensity, frequency, number, or risk of behaviors to achieve the desired effect, or diminished effect with continued behaviors at the same level of intensity, frequency, number, or risk. (Threesome instead of just Sekai or Otome)
9. Giving up or limiting social, occupational, or recreational activities because of the behavior. (Never really seen doing anything else, is he?)
10. Distress, anxiety, restlessness, or irritability if unable to engage in the behavior. (Episode 11 at the end.)

A sex addict is unable to control his life, just like a drug addict. They hurt the ones they care about, beyond their control. Does that mean that they should die?

Also...
Quote:
Would you want your heart to be broken twice because of how someone else acts leaving you feelings but yet never completetely commit to you? I for one, wont and cant stand such a thing and its happening as I type this to my friend, this freaking girl is playing with my friends feelings and he cant do nothing about it since he's heads over heels for her.
Of course I wouldn't want that. But it's happened to me, regardless. And trust me, I have no murderous intentions towards him. The idea has never even crossed my mind. It's what a normal girl should feel when her heart is broken: upset, but not murderous.