View Single Post
Old 2011-09-26, 13:09   Link #202
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There are lots of interesting shows this fall. The five at the top of my list are:
  • Chihayafuru -- A strong teen girl who is a brilliant prodigy at the Japanese poetry card game. The director of NANA animates a manga by Suetsugu Yuki, the terrific shoujo storyteller who was banished for a while for copying frames from other mangas.
  • Un-Go -- Director Mizushima Seiji did FMA, Gundam00, and Hanamaru Kindergarten. Writer Aikawa Shou did FMA, Ayakashi Ayashi and, under an alias, Simoun. Mysteries in a near-future postwar Tokyo.
  • Last Exile -- Ginyoku no Fam -- Sequel to the classic, featuring Toyosaki Aki and Yuuki Aoi darting through the sky together in their tiny (simoun-like) vespa.
  • Guilty Crown -- Violent romance/adventure, directed by Araki Tetsurou, who did Death Note, Kurozuka, and Highschool of the Dead. Highly professional writer Yoshino Hiroyuki did My-Hime, Macross Frontier, and Sora no Oto.
  • Kimi to Boku -- Slice-of-life comedy featuring a group of…high school boys! What a concept! Directed by Kanbe Mamoru, director of Elfen Lied and the underappreciated Denpateki na Kanojo. Adapted by Yoshida Reiko (Marimite, K-On, etc.) from a good manga.
There's a complete season preview on my blog, with detailed info about staff and cast members for about 30 new shows. I think the staff's past performance is the best way of guessing how good an anime will be.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote