Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-13, 03:13   Link #12822
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSa333 View Post
I don't think, the academy was built in the purpose of teaching the monters how to live with humans in the human "world" after graduating. Everyone will return.
I don't really remember to the barrier of Yuki-Onna village but I remember to a human boy there.. Maybe there are more youkai villages in the world it would be hardly enough to every monster (and of course tsukune doesn't have his "own" village to live in, he has a family and many-many girlfriends who wish to live with him they will able to defend his family and it's only a matter of time when the secret is going to be revealed..)
An other option is to buy a house and live seperately from his family.
Well, he might start living independently from his family, since it would be safer for his family to not get involved with the youkai "word", unless of course they get involved no matter how much Tsukune want's to prevent that ... I mean they could get kidnapped by Fairy Tail or some other youkai "organization" ... since their son has gotten quite famous in certain circles ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Well, I agree that the youkai "world" isn't separate, but I think what is meant is more of social association rather than an actual place. But then again, there are separate pockets of youkai civilization her and there so it might be possible to relate the literal and metaphorical implications there as well.

But if what the Bus Driver and Nekonome did during Sun's arc was to temporarily enclose Marin's inn in a barrier, that could have meant that the inn was for a short time put into the so-called youkai world to hide the battle being waged there. So it could be said that the mysterious house right next door to you could also be located in Youkai territory. Even if the house itself was still visible, what goes on there probably isn't visible to the outside onlooker.

Where as the stronger barriers like the Grand Barrier not only renders the premises it's protecting invisible, it may also stretch space in such a way that if you walked in the direction of the school from the outside, the distorted space would displace the area so that you could literally be standing with both feet on opposite sides of the barrier as if you were standing over an invisible model of the entire school and it's surroundings, compressed to maybe the size of that computer mouse in your hand.

If those barriers collapse, earth suddenly gains a few square miles of extra land that hasn't been accounted for in current maps, and other side effects as well.
I think that could be the best way to explain the "youkai world", maybe what the barriers surrounding the places that belong to the "youkai world" create some sort of "alternate plane of reality" which has a base in the human world.

The manga seems to suggest it, because if you remember during the Lilith mirror arc, when Tsukune's cousin tried to find the youkai academy, in the place where it was supposed to stand she only found a open field ... which sort of makes me wonder how Tsukune and Hokuto where able to get to the Youkai Academy, maybe it's because they both had the Youkai Academy brochure ... which acted as a "key" that allowed them entry for the first time and later they didn't need it since they where already registered as student's in the academy ( and later became half youkai , which made them "officially" residents of the monster world, since both Hokuto and Tsukune are similar to witches ( I mean that like with the witches race, we can't say if Hokuto or Tsukune belong to the "human" world or the "supernatural" world ).

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-01-13 at 04:31.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote