View Single Post
Old 2011-11-24, 20:01   Link #11
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well I've actually read the Little Busters more or less, and yes it is much too repetitive and has too much grinding to really be adapted properly into an anime format. This doesn't mean repetitive in the sense that KEY tells repetitive stories, like how Kanon and Clannad has so many story arcs that mimicked each other almost scene for scene, but repetitive in the sense that the idea within its story and the interactions within it happen over and over and over again until you're just sick of it.

But the problem is a lot of these things are key to understanding the ultimate ending of little busters, which wasn't very justified in the first place.

-----

Anyways it's very interesting to know about KyoAni actually declining KEY works. To be honest, I wouldn't be very sad if KEY never gets another anime adaption by them again because I actually am not too fond of their works.

Frankly I find it laughable that they laud their own work so much, and consider it so glorious that only the supposed "God" of the anime industry Kyoani could ever handle it. Lets not forget just how poor the endings of Kanon 2006 and Clannad AS were, where either plot details came out of absolutely nowhere to force some sort of overwrought drama down people's throats or where even the entire narrative was contradicted (Which was otherwise solid up to that point).

It's definitely not writing I'd consider so praise worthy and I would definitely not feel that sad to never see it again.

Personally I hope KyoAni expands their horizons and does something more out of their comfort zone. I think they're fully capable of doing it, though I doubt it would ever happen.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote