View Single Post
Old 2008-03-22, 22:52   Link #85
ffnovice7
Senior Baby

Send a message via AIM to ffnovice7 Send a message via MSN to ffnovice7
Talking Can't blame ya, but do belittle your lack of faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
maybe I am honestly expecting this manga to have an unhappy ending, i have pointed it out before but korea has compulsory military service for men at the end of high school. i just don't see how things can for out for him and miss na, especially when you factor in ji soo who is eventually gonna stand up for herself. I would love to see a happily ever after ending but i am unsure of how it could come to be.
I wouldn't blame ya; it does seem like quite the odds. Even Onegai Teacher, which I see abso-positive-ly NO resemblance to UXU (although both are phenomenal and probably not rip offs of each other; the genre is growing), had only a five-year age difference, albeit they look quite a bit more May-December than Hae Young and Jin Ho.

But I digress: although it seems most likely that a break up would seem most realistic and fitting, thinking so is WILDLY belittling the raconteur skills of Im Dal Young, the author, who has time-and-time-again shown us that UXU is delightfully different from most other manhwas/mangas, regardless of RCCR (RaceCultureCreedorReligion).

Maybe a happy ending is what we really want, but we're all too afraid to believe because of what usually happens when authors botch it; here's to hopin' that he does not.