View Single Post
Old 2008-09-13, 05:33   Link #198
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
It's just weird, IU just seems kind of half ass'd compared to tri-Ace's other games. It just feels lacking, kind of like a "test" game. I guess it makes sense since Star Ocean 4 comes out in the spring(unless delayed) which is about 6 months away give or take. Pretty fast when you think about it. I guess they just used this to gain experience with the 360 hardware, and make the needed improvements to their engine--which seems to run/look better in SO4. I don't know. Guess we'll see come TGS when they have the playable demo.
Not really. Sometimes tri-Ace stumbles too once in a while. People just have high expectations with this developer.

Frankly, I'm not surprised. There was something about the videos that just got my attention. People were raving about the game, but it screamed half-assed to me. Like I said before, previews of this game really reminded me of my experience with Radiata Stories... which is quite comparable to IU actually. Radiata Stories and Valkyrie Profile 2 are two tri-Ace games that also underwhelmed me.

Luckily, my intuition saved me some money this time around. The reviews are very mixed for this game (and in a bad way, I might add), and since money doesn't grow on trees, I'd rather spend it on games that I feel good about. Tales of Vesperia is one of them, and hopefully Star Ocean 4 would turn out well too. But I still prefer Tales of the Abyss more overall because of the characters.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote