View Single Post
Old 2009-10-02, 12:44   Link #2311
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Spirituality or "religion" (the codification of that spirituality) may be an unavoidable by-product of our neuro-biology, making the no-religion world more imaginary than pink unicorns. The ability to imagine scenarios, to consider the long term future, the ability to project oneself (empathize) are parts of sophisticated brain function. I'm assuming people are aware of experiments where specific locations of the brain can be stimulated to produce:
1) religious awe
2) voices, hallucinations (particularly of the deceased)
3) apparent conversations within the mind with "other" entities.

What I'm saying is that spirituality is probably unavoidable... *organized* or *codified* religion (and all the problems it seems to cause because of the ease with which it is usurped by the mentally ill people who want to "be in charge") is something that can probably be resisted, however.
by-product - not exactly. there are a lot of by-products in us humans...nothing is perfect.
well actually, the strive for religion isnt a by-product. it has a purpose. the bad things that come along with religion are by-products.
avoided...more like blocked the hell out of conciousness. thats what stupid ppl do, lol.
mentally ill ppl tend to be more religious...i do urge ppl to read "The Corruption Of Reality A unified Theory Of Religion Hypnosis And Psychopathology - John Schumaker"
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote