View Single Post
Old 2013-09-06, 04:02   Link #127
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm sorry, maybe you'll think I'm weird for this, but I'm not arguing probabilities when this is about a narrative. He either is alive or he isn't, and we won't know whether he is or not until he appears (or the story is over without him appearing), I cannot put a percentage on that.

To humor your question however, it's not obvious unless it's 100%.

I've had the same stance during the whole "Tobito" fiasco, and I still do.
Well, if that's the case, then 90% of the discussion on these forums are a waste of time. The very nature of speculation is that it is uncertain. If you will not talk about something until it is 100% certain, then there is very little you can talk about.

In fact practically nothing is for certain in life and in One Piece. How do you know you're not dreaming that you actually exist? There is a chapter in the Zhuangzi which relates the story of how Zhuangi dreamed he was a butterfly, and he wondered whether he was actually a butterfly that was dreaming he was human or a human dreaming he was a butterfly.

How do you know that Whitebeard has died? What if the Whitebeard in the manga was actually Gol D Roger masquerading as Whitebeard? Isn't that technically possible?

We can only talk in probabilities because nothing is certain in life.