Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of memories.
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-22, 17:27   Link #715
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
You are assuming i am looking for justification for her actions, while i don't even acknowledge the fact her actions had potential to be harmful to anyone besides herself in the first place. In essence what you say is true and which i believe in myself, but i don't see a reason to place Miyako upon under said judgment call, because that would require of me to use the overly generalizing way of judging situations, which i am strongly against.

Yes, in contrast to acceptable norms her 99 messages were not reasonable, but labeling them as "wrongful action" is too strong of a word to use, because the implies the action was potentially harmful, which i don't believe it to be in said situation.

(on a side note - not once did i mention sympathy to Miyako or whether i actually do sympathize with her ... which i can't say i do (at least not to a noteworthy degree), because the situation felt too artificial for me to accept it as emotionally true, despite the writers intending it to be)

It is obvious we have fundamentally different views on said subject, so i think i will stop debating this, as we will just go in circles. Agree to disagree

EDIT: Best thing this episode offered, with no doubt, was seeing relentlessflame go hyper about it. I don't think i have ever seen him go so "zomg" over anything. That alone is a noteworthy event (now only need to figure out how to force him to get an avatar..)

No, you may not There are several conditions we consider when deciding if a show is forumworthy or not, and sadly, ef doesn't meet said conditions.
That works.

Too bad the Miyako-Hiro part didn't have any memorable scenes that would capture well as an image (screen of text isn't that impressive as a still image unfortunately). Maybe you could convince him to adopt mechanized-Chihiro as an avatar
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote