View Single Post
Old 2008-03-03, 03:13   Link #1829
Master Kosa
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Yeah, but you know that there are people who only want to read romance about this series because they don’t care about all the military stuffs, training, and overpowered characters with giant beams in Nanohaverse, for those people discarding that kind of fic by beforehand wouldn’t be disrespectful to the author, but a totally logic choice, since they won’t like it nor found its epicness.
Saludos, Haru
Yes, the military stuff shown in 3rd series is reason why I didn't enjoyed it as 1st and 2nd. Things like military dictatorship (I think this is the way how I Midchilda is governed) and children in army are things I personally found disgusting. From my poin of view TSAB appear to be "evil" organisation.

Quote:
Thanks, you know how well you made me feel when you wrote that kind of fics in the past, and now I’ll need to go through the same again...
We wil survive. Somehow.

Quote:
Yes, of course he's not a tsundere, but Chrono is. Kyon is a straigh and sarcastic in extreme man
He is one of the best male characters I've ever seen in anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Fans are great. I love fans. I love people who review. I love people who comment. I love the lurkers that silently read my works. But I am not indebted to them. I do not owe them something. Just as they don't owe me anything. The only thing that is a given is the respect to finish a work if at all possible. They want me to finish, and I should finish because that's just what you supposed to do.
I dont agree. I, as reader, owe you, and other writers too, a lot for the great time I have when I read good piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
On the topic of what's best for the fans, author, yada yadas, I'll just say this. It's pure subjectiveness, and the author had total freedom on what he or she wants to do, even more so when they don't get a single cent out of it.
From readers point of view it's the best, because there can randomly arise masterpieces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
The point is: We've gone through this a million times already (exaggeration of course), and we're back at the starting point. No matter who it is that says it, it just won't get through Haru's head that authors are free to write whatever they want. Sure if said authors decide to write what you prefer then congratulations, be happy and read it, but I personally think it's disrespectful to completely ignore that same author's work just because "it's not the pairing I like".
Hmm it is disrespectfull, but from personal experiences when I read something I don't like I have bad feeling and I quickly close book, file, etc (If I don't have to read for reasons like work, etc.). And at while speaking about fanfictions - for me reading about pairs I don't like is like shattering my dreams. I just fell it is wrong and I cannot continue.
I belive this is Haru's reason. I personally don't read other than shoujo-ai fictions because straigth pairs are in nearly every book I've read, and I'm quite overeaten with it (I don't say I don't read books now, I love them).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Perfect execution of a response :3 This was even enough to draw me away from Myself ; Yourself (Which I highly recommend for those who like standard male/female pairings especially since Yukari Tamura's in it ) to respond to, or at least give my opinion.
One of my favorite last years anime. (What about Clannad?) /sry for ot, I cannot help myself/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
@Thread: Okay, people, let's give it a rest. What I've needed to say, I've said, and Stashi has delivered an EPIC WIN post, so hopefully the message has been gotten across.
Sorry too late. but I agree.
Once some one asked me where I came from. I just pointed behind myself. When the same person asked where I was heading, I just pointed towards the horizon I was looking at. "It's simple, I neither belong here nor there. I am just walking..."
Current fandoms: RWBY - White Rose, Frozen - Elsanna and all previous.
Master Kosa is offline   Reply With Quote