View Single Post
Old 2009-04-20, 12:52   Link #384
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
and its defintly good to know that one piece is only half way,i think he can keep going with one piece for another 10 years...
One Piece is definitely past the half way point by now (even if it's only by a little ). Oda has spent a lot of time in the first half of the Grand Line, and has stated that he would like to move on to the New World as soon as possible. It's clear from the past two arcs and this one (Sabaody Archipelago, Amazon Lily, Impel Down), that Oda does want to start picking up the pace since he stated that he has a lot to cover in the New World and a lot of interesting ideas he wants to implement in the said location. He is very anxious to get there, to say the least. In a geographical sense, it's not half way done (they haven't even passed the red line yet), but in terms of the story it is certainly beyond that point.

I don't think the New World Saga is going to take 10 years to complete, and there are certain ways he can make it shorter than the first half of the Grand Line we've been reading. For one thing, characters besides the Strawhats can fight members of the World Powers and World Government. It doesn't just have to be them (Strawhats), and by doing this, the story can progress much quicker. Of course, this is assuming that all of the remaining opposition of the Strawhats has to be defeated, which I don't think is realistic or feasible for that matter. Confrontations between the Strawhats and their opposition will be determined by alignments (i.e. good, bad, neutral) and ideologies.